Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Type - AI

Hello there!

Our organization is looking to begin using Power BI for our data viz needs and I was wondering if someone would be able to shed some light on a question we had pertaining to what AI capabilities are enabled between the two account types (i.e.: Pro & Premium). The pricing page (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/) shows that the Pro account gets "AI visuals" and the Premium account gets "AI visuals" and "Advanced AI (text analytics, image detection, automated machine learning)". Would someone be able to elaborate on what each of these entail? Specifically, would the Pro account have access to view shared files containing the Q&A and Key Influencers functions? Any links that you could share would be much appreciated! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

AI is built throughout Power BI - both in Desktop and Service.  As for th Q&A and Key Influencers - Pro has access to that and can be shared via the Service to other licensed individuals.  In case you haven't seen it, here is an article on Key Influencers:  Key influencers visualizations tutorial - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

This article talks about using Q&A in Desktop and Service Use Power BI Q&A to explore and create visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Docs  FYI - Data Insights is available in the service at DataSet level as well.

Here is a learning module that might help you sort it out as well:

Perform advanced analytics in Power BI  - Learn | Microsoft Docs

As for the licensing, I do not believe that there is a difference in the AI functionality.  What Premium gives you is scalablity, removes the "per user" licenseing if you so choose, and gives you "dedicated" resources so it might perform faster for larger datasets.  Here is an explanation:  Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Docs   (particularly look at the How is Pro different than Premium section.  Let us know if that helps!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

AI is built throughout Power BI - both in Desktop and Service.  As for th Q&A and Key Influencers - Pro has access to that and can be shared via the Service to other licensed individuals.  In case you haven't seen it, here is an article on Key Influencers:  Key influencers visualizations tutorial - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

This article talks about using Q&A in Desktop and Service Use Power BI Q&A to explore and create visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Docs  FYI - Data Insights is available in the service at DataSet level as well.

Here is a learning module that might help you sort it out as well:

Perform advanced analytics in Power BI  - Learn | Microsoft Docs

As for the licensing, I do not believe that there is a difference in the AI functionality.  What Premium gives you is scalablity, removes the "per user" licenseing if you so choose, and gives you "dedicated" resources so it might perform faster for larger datasets.  Here is an explanation:  Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Docs   (particularly look at the How is Pro different than Premium section.  Let us know if that helps!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the detailed response! Good to know that we will be able to share the Q&A / Key Influencers functions with our Power BI Pro users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors