Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Priti_Jadhav

Unable to delete PowerBI workspace.

Hi All,

I am unable to delete a powerBI worksapce getting a error while deleting it. "ALM_InvalidRequest_CannotDisableFoldersThatAreConnectedToAnyALMPipeline" 

Have anyone come across a similar issue or have a resolution for the same, please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Priti_Jadhav

Hello Xianda Tang

First and foremost, I extend my gratitude for dedicating your time to address my query

Upon attempting to navigate to the workspace settings, I found no pipelines listed therein. Consequently, I proceeded to explore an alternative solution, namely the utilization of the GetPipelinesAsAdmin API. Regrettably, this endeavor also resulted in an error, as depicted in the screenshot below.

Its showing me the error code:401

Priti_Jadhav_1-1710995662536.png

Please let me know what else I can try to remove the worksapce Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Priti Jadhav

Hi @Priti_Jadhav ,

Error code 401 usually indicates an authentication problem. It means that the request lacks valid authentication credentials for the target resource. Here are some troubleshooting steps:

Check the API key or token:
Make sure you have the correct permissions and that the API key or token is valid and not expired.
Double-check that you are using the correct credentials for authentication.
Authorization header:
If you are passing an authorization header, make sure it is formatted correctly and contains the necessary information.
Avoid including the username and password in the URL itself. Instead, pass them in the header.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Priti_Jadhav ,

This error indicates that the workspace is associated with an ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) pipeline

Firstly , you can Check for Hidden Pipelines:

• Sometimes, there might be hidden or orphaned pipelines associated with the workspace. Even if you don’t see them, they could still exist in the background. To verify this, follow these steps:
    • Go to the Power BI Service.
    • Navigate to the workspace you want to delete.
    • Click on Settings for the workspace.
    • Look for any pipelines listed there. If you find any, try to delete them first.
    • If you don’t see any pipelines, proceed to the next step.

Second , you can try this:

• Use Power BI Admin APIs:
    • As a Power BI admin, you can use the admin APIs to view where the workspace is assigned and then delete it. Here’s how:
      • Use the GetPipelinesAsAdmin API to check if the workspace is indeed connected to any pipeline.
      • If it is, remove the workspace from the pipeline using the API.
      • Once removed, try deleting the workspace again.

Below is the same post will help you:
Workspace can't be deleted because it says it's in... - Page 2 - Microsoft Fabric Community

Re: Delete workspace in pipeline - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.