Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chuckadamsiv

Trouble with PostgreSQL query from Desktop to Web

Hi everyone,
I'm having some issues with my PostgreSQL connector. I recently created a database and tables in PostgreSQL, and I've successfully was able to get it to connect to Power BI using a PostgreSQL connector, desktop version.

However, as soon as I try to use it online/web, I'm trying to use a Cloud Connection and I get this error, no matter what:

Unable to update connection credentials. Unable to connect to the data source. Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue

Details: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)' Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket. ActivityId: 7f515ef6-8778-4665-9abb-ac90534e70da RequestId: a69bc790-4ffa-4900-99a7-980dfab69e85 Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com Status code: 400 Time: Sun Sep 10 2023 16:22:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

I'm not a pro by any means, but I can't figure it out. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Again, no problem accessing my Server and DB from other places including Desktop Power BI, just Web version (app.powerbi.com).

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
annaboryla

Hello,

I'm experiencing same issue- did you manage to fix it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.