Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

data_analyst12
Frequent Visitor

Reports Not Loading in Production Environment

I used a Web API for a Power BI report, published it, and deployed it in our Production setup. However, among 47 reports, only two face an 'InvalidOrMalformedSemanticQueryDefinition' error.

These reports act inconsistently, sometimes loading data and visuals and sometimes not thus giving an error, especially when refreshed or opened. 

This inconsistency in loading poses a challenge in ensuring consistent accessibility and functionality for these particular reports.

Reports are working fine in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

If somebody can help on this issue, I'd greatly appreciate it.

IHMM Error.png

image.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @data_analyst12 ,

InvalidSemanticQuery is a critical error that MUST occur when the SemanticQuery element is invalid and the error is detected while validating either the XML syntax or XSD Schema.

You can do this by applying changes or refreshing the data, or by running evaluations when you open a report to check if you have unsupported queries.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please clarify if this is an issue with Report Server or Power BI Service.

Hi,

The issue seems to lie with the Report Server because the same report loads successfully in both Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop. However, while 45 other reports load successfully in the production environment, only two reports are giving me errors.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.