Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

miwundu

Problem Connecting to sharepoint site from Report Builder

Hello ,

I connect to sharepoint list successfully but I dont see the file I want to use in report builder. The view of the documents list is not recognisable. I dont know what I am not getting right.

miwundu_0-1715719557964.png

Below is a view of the file I expect to see but I dont see it.

miwundu_1-1715719695511.png

6 REPLIES 6
miwundu

I saw this post and feedback on a site. I was searching for office 2016 and 365 compactibility and saw this answer.

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/245135/is-it-possible-to-connect-2016-report-builder-...

miwundu_1-1715880654741.png

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

What you are looking at is the "site contents" list in the SharePoint site, open up the "documents" in your navigation pane. You have "composed looks" open which is not at all where you want to be-- 

Note that I see the documents but what I have in the document is not related to the file I want

I have checked the composed looks and the information I see has nothing to do with the data I have in the document. See the screenshot below

miwundu_0-1715878262502.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The view of the documents list is not recognisable

Please elaborate.  The Documents folder should contain your Restorexx folder etc.

Yes the document folder contains the the Restorxx folder. We use office 2016 and not office 365. I am not sure if the problem of not seeing the document folders is connected with office version

@d_gosbell 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.