Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jr7138
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Report Server - Dataset Delivery options

I have a report with SQL query and a delivery option of using a dataset. The dataset has a list of 17 groups to send to. Everything works as it should, but my question is:

How many loops does the "Subscription" go through?

Is it 17 times? One for each group

or

One for all 17 groups?

Does it also have to loop for the SQL query each time?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Assuming this is a data driven subscription. If the dataset driving the subscription has 17 rows the report will be run 17 times. If the report is identical with the same parameter values for each of the 17 groups then you would be better to have just a single subscription sending the report to the multiple addresses. I think you can just separate the addresses with a semi-colon eg. group1@example.com;group2@example.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jr7138
Regular Visitor

@d_gosbell thanks for your reply. Yes, it's a data-driven subscription and the parameter is different for each of the 17 groups, with a "To:" set for that group. I was guessing it would do a pass/loop for each group but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks, again.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Assuming this is a data driven subscription. If the dataset driving the subscription has 17 rows the report will be run 17 times. If the report is identical with the same parameter values for each of the 17 groups then you would be better to have just a single subscription sending the report to the multiple addresses. I think you can just separate the addresses with a semi-colon eg. group1@example.com;group2@example.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors