Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

meddojeddo
Helper IV
Helper IV

Not able to publish Desktop reports to Report Server January 2019 version

I am trying to publish Power BI Desktop reports to a Report Server running on the January 2019 version. I have tried with Power BI Desktop January 2020(which is the one it takes me to the download page for) and September 2019, but both of them give me this error:

"We can't save this Power BI Desktop report because either it is newer version or has component parts that are not supported."

I have tried publishing a test report with only a simple pivot table. Is the January 2019 version not compatible with either of these versions of PBI Desktop? If so, is there a way I can download an older version of Power BI Desktop? If not, then why am I getting this message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You need Desktop RS edition for January 2019 or you need to upgrade your Report Server to the latest version or to September 2019

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You need Desktop RS edition for January 2019 or you need to upgrade your Report Server to the latest version or to September 2019

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Is there a download page for Power BI Desktop RS January 2019? I cannot seem to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.