Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

For paginated reports in an app, how do I hide the drillthrough report?

I have two paginated reports (main+drillthrough report) that I want to publish to an app however I only want the main summary report to be visible to end users. I don't want them to see the drillthrough report on the left pane of the screen such they can run that report directly. I want the drillthrough report to be only available via the drillthrough action from the main report. How can I achieve this in Power BI service? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shiboli
Employee
Employee

Hi @pborah , we are aware of this feature request. In current App if you hide a report then your audience won't have access to it. We are going to release a feature soon (ETA end of Nov) that'll allow App author to hide the content but still give access to the audiences. For now please keep the report visible and stay tuned for this feature update. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
shiboli
Employee
Employee

Hi @pborah , we are aware of this feature request. In current App if you hide a report then your audience won't have access to it. We are going to release a feature soon (ETA end of Nov) that'll allow App author to hide the content but still give access to the audiences. For now please keep the report visible and stay tuned for this feature update. 

Thanks!

Hi, you had mentioned that this feature that will allow to hide content, but still have it accessible will be available? Do you know when this might be coming out? Right now I only see the option to hide the content.

ChadN_0-1713341501990.png

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Amazing! Looking forward to that feature update. Thank you!

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

While creating the APP you can hide the by not selecting the drill through report in content section

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#add-cont... 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Is this what you mean?

pborah_0-1697827568946.png

Because that throws an error when executing the drillthrough action.

pborah_0-1697827876280.png

And the result is the same whether I try to hide it in Audience section or not add the drillthrough report in the Content section.

my bad, I took the question wrong. In this use case you need to have drillthrough pages in same report hidden then only it will be accessible to the end users.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Sorry but that is not correct. As per Microsoft's own documentation a "drillthrough" is always a separate report. What you're describing is a functionality of PBIX reports not RDL. Or one might argue what you're suggesting is a "drilldown" not a "drillthrough". 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.