Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mistericulus
Regular Visitor

Dax help for measure on stacked column chart that's filtered

Hi PBI RS Army,

I am seeking guidance on something that seems like it should be simple but is proving to be challenging:

I have a stacked column chart showing sales of various items of winter apparel by region (N, S, E, W)

Some items (like gloves) are sold in all regions (this is completely fabricated sample data).

I have two slicers: 

1. Category = gloves

2. Region = only East and North (excluding West)

I also have a tooltip tab that pops up when hovering over any of the elements of the stacked column chart as shown:

snapshot of sales by region.png

The challenge I'm having is getting the measure (sum of sales measure) to reveal the sum of east region + north region (only) on the tooltip which is shown when hovering over either of the East or North region segments of any of the years.  My formula for that measure is:

sum of sales measure = CALCULATE(SUM(DATA[SALES]), REMOVEFILTERS(DATA[REGION]))

Because I have the removefilters(data[region]) in the filters portion of the dax, it includes all three regions (including West).  But of course if I remove that removefilters(data[region]) portion from the measure, it'll only show the sum of sales for the region over which I'm hovering.

Any guidance appreciated. 
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.