Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Current weekly averages as compared to years past weekly averages

Hello,

I am working with a large, police-data set looking at searches.  The data set spans over 5 years, and there are duplicate items (example: if two subjects were apart of one search, they will have the same item number).  I am able to create a measure that counts those individual items, but what I am trying to do is create a line and stacked column chart with the column showing the week-to-date total of searches, and the line showing the average from the weeks from the previous years (example: it is week 6 of 2019, so the column may show 40 searches that have happened thus far, and the line will show the running average of week 6 according to the data from 2014-2018).  I cannot use the individual count measure that I made in this DAX expression.

AvgPerWeek = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Stop and Search'[Week Mon-Sun]),FILTER(ALL('Stop and Search'), 'Stop and Search'[item number this is where I would have liked to use the measure for individual count] =MAX('Stop and Search'[item number this is where I would have liked to use the measure for individual count])))

Any help you could give would be awesome.  

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.