Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

write unique password to see the data of that partucal person

Hi All,

I am trying to create a report and publish across all production operator their daily output(on mobile view)

But i want the report to function in this way, a seceret password is shared to them, so when they type the password on search they get to see the daily output quantity about them alone.

is it possible to do such thing in BI report?

Data table

data table.JPG

Password

password.JPG

1)ideally the report should display blank data

1.JPG

2. each operator was given a secret password , and they will enter in search filter their own password and can able to see their data alone. 

in the below case operator = vin, password = 2

2.JPG

operator=mar, passwoed = 5

4.JPG

the challenges for me are, i donot know how to make the initial data table emply, and how to make a search column or search filter where you can only enter data and wont see any hint text/number or all available password from data table. 

it would be very helpful if someone can help me with this, or you can also recommend me someother way so i can reach the same conclusion. 

the plan is to give some kind of seceret number to each operator which only they know, they go to shared report of power bi in their mobile and type their own password in the search and get to see only their data. and the initial data table should be empty in the start and search filter should not show any hint password of all possible data password available from the password table.

any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
avatorl
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous 

Brilliant idea! And I've just found a way to implement this!

Seems to be working! Let me know if you see any flaws.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzkyNDA2MmUtZmU5Yy00ZjAwLTlmZWItMjMzYmQ0MjM2YjdmIiwidCI6IjYzNjBkMTZhLTk3MWQtNGQzMC1hOWE5LTdiY2I0ODUzMDhlMSIsImMiOjl9

Passwords for testing: power and dserw

chrome_2020-06-12_09-54-43[1].png

chrome_2020-06-12_09-55-13[1].png

chrome_2020-06-12_09-56-08[1].png

1) Install Text Filter slicer: 

2020-06-12_09-53-43.png

2) Two measures used:

Password selected := SELECTEDVALUE( Pwds[pwds] ) - jsut to show entered password on a card (not really required)

Protected Value = IF (HASONEFILTER( Pwds[pwds] ), SUM( [Value] ), BLANK() )

2020-06-12_10-00-46[1].png

P.S. I do not recommend the use of 'Publish to web' feature for sharing reports that contains really sensitive and confidential information. But if all parties using this kind of sharing understand pros and cons and accept risks - you're free to do whatever you want if it's technically possible. I belive this solution will provide you a basic level of security which is (in some cases) better than no security at all. But I take no responibility for any loses. Use row level security https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-rls if you're not ready to accept risks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors