Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wilsongregt
Regular Visitor

undefined

I'm attempting to create a custom fiscal calendar based on parameters. I need a distinct countifs on the weeks within a quarter and weeks withing a month (called Period) so I can use it for quarterly and monthly averages. Trying to avoid using If statethe numbers manualy because I'll have a 53w year eventualy. 

let
    DayCount = Duration.Days(Duration.From(EndDate - StartDate)), 
    Source = List.Dates(StartDate,DayCount,#duration(1,0,0,0)), 
    TableFromList = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing()),    
    ChangedType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(TableFromList,{{"Column1", type date}}), 
    RenamedColumns = Table.RenameColumns(ChangedType,{{"Column1", "Date"}}), 
    #"Insert Day of the Week Description" = Table.AddColumn(RenamedColumns, "Day of the Week Description", each Date.ToText([Date], "dddd"), type text), 
    #"Insert Day of the Week Number" = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert Day of the Week Description", "Day of the Week Number", each Date.DayOfWeek([Date],0)), 
    #"Insert End of the Fiscal Week Date" = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert Day of the Week Number", "End of the Fiscal Week", each Date.EndOfWeek([Date],0), type date),
    #"Insert First Fiscal Week Ending Date" = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert End of the Fiscal Week Date", "First Fiscal Week Ending", each List.Min (#"Insert End of the Fiscal Week Date"[End of the Fiscal Week])),    
    DateOffset = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert First Fiscal Week Ending Date", "Offset", each [End of the Fiscal Week]-[First Fiscal Week Ending]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(DateOffset,{{"Offset", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Insert Fiscal Week Number" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Fiscal Week Number", each [Offset]/7+1),
    #"Insert Fiscal Quarter" = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert Fiscal Week Number", "Fiscal Quarter", each if [Fiscal Week Number] <= 13 then 1 else if [Fiscal Week Number] >= 14 and [Fiscal Week Number] <= 26 then 2 else if [Fiscal Week Number] >= 27 and [Fiscal Week Number] <= 39 then 3 else 4),
    #"Insert Week of Fiscal Quarter" = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert Fiscal Quarter", "Week of Quarter", each if [Fiscal Week Number] <> 53 then ([Fiscal Week Number] - (Number.RoundUp([Fiscal Week Number]/13)-1) * 13) else 14),
    #"Insert the Period of the Quarter" = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert Week of Fiscal Quarter", "Period of the Quarter", each if [Week of Quarter] <= 4 then 1 else if [Week of Quarter] >= 5 and [Week of Quarter] <= 9 then 2 else 3),
    fnPeriod454a = (WeekNum) => let 
      Periods = { 
      {(x)=>x<5,  [Fiscal Period=1, Month Name="October"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<10, [Fiscal Period=2, Month Name="November"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<14, [Fiscal Period=3, Month Name="December"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<18, [Fiscal Period=4, Month Name="January"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<23, [Fiscal Period=5, Month Name="February"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<27, [Fiscal Period=6, Month Name="March"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<31, [Fiscal Period=7, Month Name="April"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<36, [Fiscal Period=8, Month Name="May"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<40, [Fiscal Period=9, Month Name="June"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<44, [Fiscal Period=10, Month Name="July"]}, 
      {(x)=>x<49, [Fiscal Period=11, Month Name="August"]}, 
      {(x)=>true, [Fiscal Period=12, Month Name="September"]} 
        }, 
      Result = List.First(List.Select(Periods, each _{0}(WeekNum))){1} 
    in 
      Result,

InsertPeriod454 = Table.AddColumn(#"Insert the Period of the Quarter", "Period454Record", each fnPeriod454a([Fiscal Week Number])),
    #"Expanded Period454Record" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(InsertPeriod454, "Period454Record", {"Fiscal Period", "Month Name"}, {"Fiscal Period", "Month Name"})
in
    #"Expanded Period454Record"

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this article/video for a way to make a custom fiscal calendar that handles 53-week years.

445 Calendar with 53-Week Years – Hoosier BI

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors