Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

not_the_humans

powerquery SDK - custom connector oauth authentication

I'm attempting to build, for the first time, a custom connector in the power query sdk. Authentication to the api is handled by OAuth 2, with grant-type=client_credentials. If I were to use curl the request would look like this:

curl -u '<Client ID>:<Client Secret>' \
  --data 'grant_type=client_credentials' \
  'https://<domain>/oauth/token'

I can't figure out how, in the SDK, to remove the requirement for the user to authenticate against a URI as they'd be expected to do if the grant-type were authorization_code. StartLogin appears to be a mandatory method when Authentication = OAuth, and within StartLogin a ResourceURI is also mandatory. Any help gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
artemus
Employee
Employee

Support for SPN is currently not supported for custom connectors. You could probably implement this yourself using the API key auth type. Another option is to create a service account as a stand in for the service account. The gateway admin portal does support service principal, so maybe that would work for what you are doing?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
artemus
Employee
Employee

Support for SPN is currently not supported for custom connectors. You could probably implement this yourself using the API key auth type. Another option is to create a service account as a stand in for the service account. The gateway admin portal does support service principal, so maybe that would work for what you are doing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors