Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SarahK

Weeks are numbered from 1 to 145

Need help please

i am working on a dataset and I don't have any dates columns except a week column that starts from 1 to 145.

I am interested in converting this column to week numbers from 1 to 52

which means that week 53 will correspond to 1 and week 54 will correspond to 2 and so on. How can I do that

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can add a column which uses Number.Mod (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/number-mod ) to divide the week column by 52.  That will work great for all values except the multiples of 52 which will show as zero.

So you can add another column which says 'if my newvalue is 0 then 52 else newvalue'

--

If you're confident with the code you could combine both steps in the first column 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jgordon11
Resolver II
Resolver II

An example:

let
     Source = #table(type table [WeekNum = Int64.Type], List.Zip({{1 .. 145}})),
     tbl = Table.TransformColumns(Source, {"WeekNum", each Number.Mod(_ - 1, 52) + 1})
in
tbl

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can add a column which uses Number.Mod (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/number-mod ) to divide the week column by 52.  That will work great for all values except the multiples of 52 which will show as zero.

So you can add another column which says 'if my newvalue is 0 then 52 else newvalue'

--

If you're confident with the code you could combine both steps in the first column 

That worked thanks a lot.

I have created 2 columns and checked the output

Thanks again

Hi @SarahK ,

If some answers are helpful to you, don't forget to mark it as a solution. This will help more people to find answers to similar questions more quickly, thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors