Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Johns23
Regular Visitor

Want to Import data table from different sites to my website by using Code

I found following code:

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/batter_vs_pitcher.cgi?batter=arenano01")),
    Data1 = Source{1}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Data1,{{"Name", type text}, {"PA", Int64.Type}, {"AB", Int64.Type}, {"H", Int64.Type}, {"2B", Int64.Type}, {"3B", Int64.Type}, {"HR", Int64.Type}, {"RBI", Int64.Type}, {"BB", Int64.Type}, {"SO", Int64.Type}, {"BA", type number}, {"OBP", type number}, {"SLG", type number}, {"OPS", type number}, {"SH", Int64.Type}, {"SF", Int64.Type}, {"IBB", Int64.Type}, {"HBP", Int64.Type}, {"GDP", Int64.Type}, {"missG", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Suppose I have around 10 to 20 webpages that are exactly the same in structure, but they contain different data. Is there a way to retrieve this data using a single query and combine the results instead of running 20 separate queries for each webpage?

Can Power BI handle this task, or do I need to rely on my VBA skills to import all the data into Excel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlienSx
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Johns23 all you need is a list of URLs. Then List.Transform and Table.Combine. Smth like this:

let 
  url_list = {"url01", "url02", "url03"},
  combined_results = Table.Combine(List.Transform(url_list, each Web.Page(Web.Contents(_))){1}[Data])
in combined_results

you may create a table with links in Excel => get data from table to have the table in PQ and refer to table column to get a list. Or you may simply make the same transformation to your table (instead of list) but using Table.TransformColumns function. I hope you get the idea. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlienSx
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Johns23 all you need is a list of URLs. Then List.Transform and Table.Combine. Smth like this:

let 
  url_list = {"url01", "url02", "url03"},
  combined_results = Table.Combine(List.Transform(url_list, each Web.Page(Web.Contents(_))){1}[Data])
in combined_results

you may create a table with links in Excel => get data from table to have the table in PQ and refer to table column to get a list. Or you may simply make the same transformation to your table (instead of list) but using Table.TransformColumns function. I hope you get the idea. 

Thank you, for solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors