Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anon888
Regular Visitor

Using Microsoft Exchange as a Data Source and Extracting Recurrence Events

Hi,

I am currently building a team calendar. I have been able to successfully connect my Team Shared Mailbox as a source to Power BI using the data source "Microsoft Exchange."

The problem I am having is that it does not highlight the recurrence events as a singular row.

I have attempted to use: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Transforming-Exchange-server-data-with-recurring-a... to help me.

However, when comparing the date that has been outputted to what exists on my Shared Mailbox Calendar - some of the recurrence events do not have the right dates. This is most likely due to modifications/ deletions that occur for singular events within the recurrence events.

Is there any work around whereby I can just have live connectivity to the Mailbox data without creating formulas based on the recurrence events? (to ensure that I can capture any modifications/ deletions to the singular events within the recurrence pattern).

Side note:
The current solution I have right now is to export the Shared Mailbox calendar on a weekly basis and converting it to an excel workbook. Subsequently updating the source data to the latest extracted data from my Shared Mailbox calendar.

My goal is minimise the manual work I am required to do on my end.

Hope this makes sense.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors