Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Samhitha

Unable to connect to postgresql to power bi

I have hosted a postgresql datamodel in digital ocean, I am not able to connect the data model to power bi desktop.
But the credentials or connection string of the data model is correct and was able to connect the postgresql to dbeaver without any issues.
ErrorError

May I know how to rectify this and connect.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

did you install any additional drivers or are you using the driver that came with Power BI Desktop?

I had installed Npsql and enabled GAC installation in my local machine and yet could not connect to postgresql. Also I have a doubt what are the things that has to be installed in the global(digital ocean) side which helps me connect to my power bi.

I had reffered this link to connect to power bi Connecting postgresql to power bi 

In our environment we did not install these drivers, instead we relied on the one that comes with Power BI Desktop (and we made it work on the gateways too).  Might be worth starting over with a clean setup.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors