Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationships between tables in which one of the table is a duplicated from the another one

Hello guys,

I have two tables, the main table is called "Ano 2019" and the other table was acheived by duplicating the main table and is called "Ano 2019 (2)". In both tables I have date columns. I have created table visualizations and a date slicer to choose the months I want to observe, but only one of the tables is filtered by the chosen month because there is no relationship between the date columns from the two tables. 

I already tried to stablish relationship between the date columns in the relationship manager, but instead of the expected result, one of the date columns loses the date hierarchy and only the data from one table is filtered. But what I wanted was a slicer to chose a month and all the data in the tables are filtered

Follows a example of what happens with my report:

question.PNG

question2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I can reproduce your problem.

To solve this, i ceate another date table, create relationships as below and add columns from this date table as slicers.

Capture3.9.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I can reproduce your problem.

To solve this, i ceate another date table, create relationships as below and add columns from this date table as slicers.

Capture3.9.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Create a date dimension as below and define relationship from date to other two tables. Use the month from Date dimension in slicer.

Calendar = CALENDAR(MIN(Ano 2019[DATE COLUMN]),MAX(Ano 2019[DATE COLUMN]))

If it helps,mark it as a solution

Kudos are nice too..

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors