Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SURAN

Query evaluation error after 10 Mins

Hi All,

I have two gateway server . One is old gateway server and other one is new gateway server. Old gateway server reside on Windows 2012 and new gateway server running on windoes 2022. Old gateway server we have installed Oracle 11g instant client and for new gateway server we have installed oracle 21c client.

We are  running the queries in Powebi online . We are connecting oracle database .

The query is running fine on old gateway but when i run the same query using new gateway after 10 mins its end with 

"Oracle: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation;ORA-02063: preceding line from" error.

Per Query Timeout: 10 minutes value imapcting new gateway query run? In this why its not impacting old gateway server?

Any idea? Please help me. 

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

It may be the new gateway is on a machine with less RAM or resources, so it is taking longer to do additional work in your query, and Oracle gives up after 10min. What are the differences in the machines? RAM, disk speed, CPU speed, etc.?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Thanks for replying. 

Old server ; RAM 8 GB and 4 Processors

New Server: RAM 16 GB and 6 Processors

New Server hardware configuration is good comapre to old one. Validate query is completed quickly in power query editor using old gateway server but when i am using new gateway its cancelled after 10 Mins

What about the network? Same subnet? Any other filters or firewalls on the network that the old gateway was excluded from but the new one is hitting against? Could be an Oracle config, or general network setting your IT team could assist with.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

what about the network? Same subnet?

Yes aboth are in same subnet.

I don't think any issue with oracle.

When i click save and close in Power query editor ""analyzing potential issue step completed quickly in old gateway. But  this step running long in new gateway.

I would look at this article then to get some deeper diags as to what is going on. Monitor and optimize on-premises data gateway performance | Microsoft Learn

Compare it with the old gateway and look for differences.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors