Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

IrieSec
Regular Visitor

PAGINATION WITH CORTEX XDR API

Hello,

I have been trying to get all endpoints utilizing the following API according to the documentation here: Get All Endpoints (paloaltonetworks.com)

The following is my attempt at accomplishing it, however I am still limited to just 100 rows, please suggest the best way to use the "search_from" & "search_to" parameters from the API documentation to accomplish getting all endpoints.

In my case I would like to get a maximumof 120000 endpoints.

let
body = "{ ""request_data"": {}}",
GetJson = Web.Contents("https://FDQN.paloaltonetworks.com/public_api/v1/endpoints/get_endpoint/",
[
Query = [
search_from = "100",
search_to = "120000"
],
Headers = [#"Content-Type" = "application/json",
#"x-xdr-auth-id" = "Auth_Key",
#"Authorization" = "API_Key"
],
Content = Text.ToBinary(body)
]
),
FormatAsJson = Json.Document(GetJson),
#"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(FormatAsJson),
Value = #"Converted to Table"{0}[Value],
endpoints = Value[endpoints],
#"Converted to Table1" = Table.FromList(endpoints, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table1", "Column1", {"endpoint_id", "endpoint_name", "endpoint_type", "endpoint_status", "os_type", "os_version", "ip", "users", "domain", "alias", "first_seen", "last_seen", "content_version", "installation_package", "active_directory", "install_date", "endpoint_version", "is_isolated", "isolated_date", "group_name", "operational_status", "operational_status_description", "scan_status", "content_release_timestamp", "last_content_update_time"}, {"endpoint_id", "endpoint_name", "endpoint_type", "endpoint_status", "os_type", "os_version", "ip", "users", "domain", "alias", "first_seen", "last_seen", "content_version", "installation_package", "active_directory", "install_date", "endpoint_version", "is_isolated", "isolated_date", "group_name", "operational_status", "operational_status_description", "scan_status", "content_release_timestamp", "last_content_update_time"})
in
#"Expanded Column1"

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IrieSec ,

In your code, you used  /get_endpoint  that the maximum result set size is 100. So you may try  /get_endpoints  instead.

Eyelyn9_1-1649987866919.png

Eyelyn9_2-1649987897166.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you @v-eqin-msft, this does solve that problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IrieSec ,

In your code, you used  /get_endpoint  that the maximum result set size is 100. So you may try  /get_endpoints  instead.

Eyelyn9_1-1649987866919.png

Eyelyn9_2-1649987897166.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-eqin-msft, this does solve that problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors