Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Barthel
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Number must be either non-negative and less than or equal to Int32.MaxValue or -1

Hello Community,

We are in the process of retrieving API data. The data consists of invoices. The amount of data you can retrieve per API call is limited. That's why we fetch the API in partitions. We do this on the basis of the invoice id. For every invoice id we perform an API call. 

The basis of our table with which we want to retrieve the API data, consists of all unique invoice ids. The format of the id is text.

id

Then we execute the API call as a calculated column. The API link is dynamic based on the id value of the current row. The link also contains our administration code and the key for the header. These are fixed parameters in the file.

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(Base, "API", each Json.Document(Web.Contents(Text.Combine({"https://moneybird.com/api/v2/", AdministratieCode, "/documents/purchase_invoices/", [id], ".json"}), [Headers=[Authorization= APIKey]])))

Then we only expand the retrieved API data as columns and change the type of the columns. No other transformations are done whatsoever. When loading the data we get the following error:

Barthel_0-1668177439265.png

Anyone have any idea what's going wrong here? 

6 REPLIES 6
hcbrecht

Hi,

I am getting the same error and I have no idea where to search. It comes up in two queries, one is just a join ot two queries - no error there and one ist just a group-by of another query (which also seems to have no error).

Any idea anyone? 

Barthel
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@BA_Pete @AlexisOlson 

Thanks for your responses.

As soon as I add the calculated column the preview works.

Barthel_1-1668503653278.png

Until I do a full refresh: either by loading the data or by clicking the refresh button.

Barthel_0-1668503629873.png

So this error occurs even before I expand the columns.

Barthel_2-1668503700233.png

Your [id] column is untyped. Try setting the data type of this column to text before the 'Added Custom' step.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hey @BA_Pete 

Thanks again for your response. Unfortunately, it doesn't work even after changing the type to text.

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Barthel ,

It looks like when the call data is passed back, the Invoice ID is coming back into an Int32 data type field, for which your Invoice ID as an integer is way too big.

Do you have an opportunity within your code to apply a type change to Int64 before the error throws? This would fix it.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

This seems plausible.

@Barthel what is the first step that returns this error? For example, #"Added Custom", #"Expanded Column", or #"Changed Type".

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors