Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmm3344

Nested table has additional columns

I am having a strange issue when I am collating multiple excel sheets by power query.

The excel sheets are the same formats however in the nested tables some of the imported tables are removing the first column and keeping this first column for other sheets and I cant work out why (images attached)

When i expand the tables this is causing some of the columns to be staggered so they dont line up.

1. any idea what is causing this

2. whats the best way to overcome this issue to ensure when i i expand tables all the columns are correctly lined up

images below

image 1- null column included.PNG image 2- null column not included.PNG

1 REPLY 1
jbwtp
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @dmm3344,

I think you need to check the import function that PBI created for you to suck in the data from the files.

The answer should probably sit somewhere around the settings for the step where the tab data are getting imported, somethering like Content[Kind=Table, Item = MyTab]. You may need to play with this one to see if this can be set to import the entire sheet, rather than a range.

Cheers,

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors