Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DRing
Helper V
Helper V

Need Help - New column with earliest date for each ID

I need to a way to create the Assigned Date column in Power Query. The goal of the coulmn is to assign the earlist Sale Date for each record with the same Territory_ID. One caveat is that the Assigned Date should be the Sale Date for any records where Territory_ID is null.

Can anyone help?

Capture 2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
DRing
Helper V
Helper V

Also, I'm unable to save these changes as my table is using DirectQuery. Is there a way around this?

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Insert this step as next step where #"Changed Type" should be replaced with your previous step in both the places

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", (x)=> if x[Territory_ID]=null then x[Sale Date] else List.Min(Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type"[[Territory_ID],[Sale Date]], each ([Territory_ID] = x[Territory_ID]))[Sale Date]))

Thank you for this. Would it be possible to introdude Status as a criteria so that

if Status = New than Assigned Date = Sales Date

If Status = Existing than Assigned Date = EARLIEST Sale Date for records with same Territory_ID?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors