Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

Mismatch error during delta sharing sourced table

Hi, 

We are using databricks and within it the delta sharing connector, for some reason we are receiving errors when we are querying two tables, this is one of the tables query in advanced editor and I don't understand why we get the error message. 

let
Source = dim_delay_category,
  #"Detected Type Mismatches" = let
    tableWithOnlyPrimitiveTypes = Table.SelectColumns(Source, Table.ColumnsOfType(Source, {type nullable number, type nullable text, type nullable logical, type nullable date, type nullable datetime, type nullable datetimezone, type nullable time, type nullable duration})),
    recordTypeFields = Type.RecordFields(Type.TableRow(Value.Type(tableWithOnlyPrimitiveTypes))),
    fieldNames = Record.FieldNames(recordTypeFields),
    fieldTypes = List.Transform(Record.ToList(recordTypeFields), each [Type]),
    pairs = List.Transform(List.Positions(fieldNames), (i) => {fieldNames{i}, (v) => if v = null or Value.Is(v, fieldTypes{i}) then v else error [Message = "The type of the value does not match the type of the column.", Detail = v], fieldTypes{i}})
in
    Table.TransformColumns(Source, pairs),
  #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Detected Type Mismatches", "Row Number" ,1),
  #"Kept Errors" = Table.SelectRowsWithErrors(#"Added Index", {"borders", "delay_category_name", "delay_category_id"}),
  #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Kept Errors", {"Row Number", "borders", "delay_category_name", "delay_category_id"})
in
  #"Reordered Columns"

The source table's datatypes are: 
border --> DOUBLE
delay_category_name --> STRING
delay_category_id --> INT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

UPDATE: 

Okay so we have found out that we had a -Infinity value in the field and once we excluded the that everything loaded normally. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

UPDATE: 

Okay so we have found out that we had a -Infinity value in the field and once we excluded the that everything loaded normally. 

Hi @mpataki32 

Great you have found the cause of the error! Since it's solved, you can accept your UPDATE reply as solution to help close this thread. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors