Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbradshaw

Merging Queries throws DataFormat.Error: we Couldn't convert to Number IC2007

I'm trying to merge two queries and it's giving me a "DataFormat.Error: We couldn't convert to Number. Details: IC2007" Error... except I'm not merging based on a number nor am I trying to return a number when joining the two queries...

I tried merging the two data sources just by themselves in a separate document and it worked, but it continues to throw the error in my large working document. 

I've also tried recreating the query and it still throws the same error. Any insight into what is causing this issue? Is my power bi file just too large? 

I haven't been able to find an error code IC2007 anywhere online. 

**cannot provide data due to security and privacy** 

1 REPLY 1
rohit_singh
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @pbradshaw ,

Really hard to say what might be happening without looking at the data, but my best guess is that there is a #"Changed Type" step somewhere in your query that is forcefully trying to convert an alphanumeric column into a number format. IC2007 may not be an error code but the actual value that in your column that is causing the issue.
Try checking columns in any #"Changed Type" steps after the merge and change type to text. 

rohit_singh_0-1654865022168.png

Kind regards,

Rohit

Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors