Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mjjuk
Helper I
Helper I

Limiting an SQL Query from values in a salesforce Table

Hi All, 

I am trying to load a table from an ODBC database but only bring in the values from a salesforce table I have loaded in .....

I have a column in the Salesforce table called "job Number"     (roughly 100k job numbers) I have been told that is too much for a keylist.

The ODBC table has millions of job numbers

I want to be able to run the ODBC SQL query to only bring back the job numbers in the Salesforce table  

The keylist way meant I used applied steps and brought in the Saleforce table then removed all other columns, then created a new column "'"&[Job Numbers]&"'" then combined to create the keylist... then in the SQL I wrote

Select 

job number,

visit report,

visit number,

status

from database.table2

where job number IN ("'"&[keylist]&"'")

it works fine for a small number but affects performance with larger data sets ..... I am hoping I have explained this well, I really could do with a more efficiant way 

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjjuk ,

We can enter sql statement to filter the data in advance for the ODBC connector.

odbc.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi v-frfei_msft,

I usually write in the SQL in this advanced section but how would i reference the Salesforce table?

Are you thinking a EXISTS SQL?

SELECT column_name(s)
FROM table_name
WHERE EXISTS
(SELECT column_name FROM table_name WHERE condition);

Is it possible to reference a Salesforce Object in this way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors