Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Implement Direct Query from REST API

Hi,

I'm following this walkthrough in order to create a connector so that I can perform Direct Query through Rest API. The last part of this step-by-step (This tutorial) show about implementation of sames handlers of Table.View but it does not show how to implement handlers to enable Direct Query as GetExpression and OnInvoke. This handlers is required to enable Direct Query. Another question, When I implement theses callbacks, How can I enable Direct Query to my Connector? And How can I test it?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'd like to suggest you build  an ODBC driver for enabling Direct Query on Rest API. The only way that Power BI currently enables Direct Query is using Data Connector SDK provided by Microsoft for Power BI. The Data Connector SDK will allow you to enable Direct Query on ODBC driver only.

For further information, please refer to the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-alq-msft. Thanks for answer!

I always see this approuch in build an ODBC Driver to ODBC. I see specifically this tutorial (Progress) that It use a paid tool to create a ODBC through. But I can see on documentation that I can enable Direct Query through REST Api using a data connector, implementing same handlers of Table.View (GetExpression and OnInvoke).

Theses handlers I do not see on documentation and implementation about it.

How can I build a connector for this? No use ODBC Drive?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors