Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VaibhavS31
Frequent Visitor

How to get Google news Url in news dashboard

I am fatching the news from google news according to my some keywords, in which i am getting table which contain news headlines, news date and time, news source and news datails. Now, I want a column on source like this Url www.abc.com  which is where from news is getting picked up - is it possible to add ?

Thanks and Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VaibhavS31 

I think it is possible if you can find this URL element on the web page you used as the data source.

Is the web page available publicly? If so, can you show the URL of the google news and where the URL is on the page? Have you tried using Get Data from Web by Example feature to get the news table?

Or maybe you can refer to Chris Webb's blogs about extracting URLs from a web page. 

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using Text.BetweenDelimiters() To Extract URLs From A Web Page In Power BI/Pow...

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using Html.Table() To Extract URLs From A Web Page In Power BI/Power Query M

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Dear @v-jingzhang ,
Many thanks for the solution. I have followed the procedure which is given in this https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/to-create-news-based-power-bi-dashbaord/11193/12 link to get the google news as per my required keywords like aluminium, copper, etc. Now I am getting the news as per my required keywords but I am not able to extract the url of that news to know exactly from which website the news is coming, can you please help me with the updated query for getting the URL of that extracted news by keeping the queries same as it is shown in the below linkhttps://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/to-create-news-based-power-bi-dashbaord/11193/12

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors