Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ahamedafridi18
Frequent Visitor

How to compare list with excel and find out the un matched items

ahamedafridi18_0-1703117409276.png

The above table is my list in sharepoint, which is the data i get using powerapp. its a form submitted on daily basis. 

so i would like to cross check the column Asset with the Asset No in the data source to find out the ones which are not submitted based on the date.

This one is the data source which has all the asset. 

ahamedafridi18_1-1703117532592.png

Can anyone help me sort this one out, what logic can i apply here to find the not submitted ones on daily basis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ahamedafridi18 ,

Check if the merge query can solves the problem:
Table:

vcgaomsft_0-1703744424759.png
Source Table:

vcgaomsft_1-1703744442480.png

Output:

vcgaomsft_2-1703744482922.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ahamedafridi18
Frequent Visitor

Should i creat a new column with this query? 

actually i should compare the Asset No in the list ( Utilization East) to my data source (Table 1) and find out the ones not submitted (which is missing from data source) in daily basis. Also using the cost centre and date column i would like to filter them and check the not submitted ones ie., missing ones

Hi @ahamedafridi18 ,

Check if the merge query can solves the problem:
Table:

vcgaomsft_0-1703744424759.png
Source Table:

vcgaomsft_1-1703744442480.png

Output:

vcgaomsft_2-1703744482922.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

You can make a new query that returns the items in list 1 that are not in list two:

let

Source = List.Difference(SourceTable[Asset No], SharePointTable[Asset]])

in Source

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors