Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

unnipbi123
Helper II
Helper II

How to bring the AWS costs into Power BI

Hello all,

I am completely new to AWS. Just wanted to know how we can bring the Cost from the AWS server to power BI desktop.

we have cost data such as EC2, S3,RDBMS, Search and etc in Power BI. we are currently pulling the data from AWS manually and update it to CSV file to get into power BI. is there a way we can connect directly to AWS to get these cost details in Power BI?

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
francesco_beqom
Frequent Visitor

Hello @MAwwad , I don't see Amazon Web Services not even in the Appendix: Microsoft Power BI supported AWS data sources you provided. 
So do I have to create a connector for AWS? 

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

es, it is possible to connect Power BI directly to your AWS account to retrieve cost data. Here's one way you can do it:

1. In Power BI Desktop, select "Get Data" from the Home ribbon and then select "Amazon Web Services" as the data source.

2. In the "Connect to Amazon Web Services" dialog, enter your AWS access key and secret key, and then click "Connect".

3. In the "Amazon Web Services" dialog, select the "Cost and Usage" option from the list of available datasets.

4. Click "Load" to load the cost data into Power BI.

5. In the Query Editor, you can use the "Transform" tab of the ribbon to shape and manipulate the data as needed.

6. When you are finished, click "Close & Apply" in the Query Editor to load the data into the Power BI data model.

This will allow you to connect directly to your AWS account and retrieve cost data in real-time, without the need to manually update a CSV file.

There is no  "Connect to Amazon Web Services" dialog in Power BI

Has anyone figured this out.  I'm not seeing "Amazon Web Services" as a data source

there is no AWS web services in the Get data

unnipbi123_0-1672198898910.png

It makes no sense @MAwwad . 
I read that appendix and the supported connector are: 

• Amazon Redshift (it's for warehouses, not COst Usage) 
  • Amazon Athena (not Cost Usage) 
  • Amazon OpenSearch (is for diving into the Logs, not Cost Usage). 

So no, there is no way to connect Power BI to the Amazon Cost Usage 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors