Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swinings
Helper I
Helper I

How to add working days - formula not producing results

Good Morning wonderful people....please help....

I am trying to add working days (i.e. excluding holiday and weekends) to my power query so I can show some of our investigators what 20 working days is from their start date. I have scoured the internet and forums and found something that seemingly worked. However, now I'm stuck. My formula seems to be valid but it isn't providing me with results in the column.

I attached my screen with what I have been doing, and the formula I have.

What am I doing wrong?

swinings_0-1628870397168.png

TIA. Let me know if you need more from me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this video - (5) Power BI - Tales from the Front #03 - Due Date From Working Days - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
swinings
Helper I
Helper I

I just got this to start working too. I essentially used a mix of the video and the code. I think it adds the extra day because, even though it started that day, it doesn't count as a working day. I'm not too concerned because I am using it as a created date. If it is a non work day, the investigator isn't going to "create" the investigation date because they aren't in anyway.

TSP_PowerBi
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue. I got the days to come back but you will notice that it's adding an additonal day if start date is on a non working day.

TSP_PowerBi_0-1629227801373.png

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this video - (5) Power BI - Tales from the Front #03 - Due Date From Working Days - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

I've been messing with this all afternoon. It doesn't take into consideration holiday's, just weekdays vs weekend. This has been the hardest part of figuring out the right code and I can't find it. Any thoughts to include holidays?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors