Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlight dates in calendar table

Hello

I have the following table in Excel and i want to use Power BI to highlight the dates in a calendar visualization and show the name/s in that date cell. Is that possible and how to do this? Any help is much appreciated!!

NameFromUntil
Lizui11/01/202221/01/2022
Laufenburg02/01/202229/01/2022
Tegalpapak22/01/202226/02/2022
Ar Rabiyah05/02/202202/03/2022
Bellegarde07/02/202214/03/2022
Gangarampur17/03/202223/05/2022
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

With that specific visual, I think you would just put [From] in 'Start date', [Until] in 'End date', and [Name] in 'Events'.

If you have another field in your table for Department, for example, you could put that into 'Event Group' to colour-code people in the same department.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which calendar visual are you referring to?

What type of data (dates, date ranges etc.) does it require to populate?

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BA_Pete ,

I am considering the Power BI visual calendar by MAQ software. I am not sure if this is the best choice for this purpose. But i would like to show a calendar by month or based on the time slicer, so for example, it could be from 15 January 2022 until 11 February 2022. The next step would be to highlight that date cell if it is within the range for that name based on the Excel table in the first post. The third step would be to add the name of that person to that highlighted date cell.

Also, is it possible to reverse the highlighted date cells?

Hi @Anonymous ,

With that specific visual, I think you would just put [From] in 'Start date', [Until] in 'End date', and [Name] in 'Events'.

If you have another field in your table for Department, for example, you could put that into 'Event Group' to colour-code people in the same department.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BA_Pete Thanks for your help!

Just another question (please let me know if i should create a new topic for this) but it relates to the same table - how to do the reverse? So, display the same information in a calendar table but instead, highlight the opposite dates? I mean, all dates not shown in the range corresponding to each person. Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think you would need to create a list of all dates, join it with your employee dates table then, anywhere where a date had no employee against it, you would add "No one scheduled" as an event in another column (something like 'if [employee] = null then "No one scheduled" else null]). You could then filter on this value to leave only dates where no one was scheduled. You would then put your date column into the From field, and your new column in the Event field.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors