Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PimK
Frequent Visitor

Getting data with JSON body in M

Hello there,

I hope you can help me with the following problem as I have no single experience in working with JSON body in the script editor.

Below code worked all fine, but lately I've been receiving an error that an 'scode' exceeds the maximum file size. 

To resolve this problem, I have added the marked lines (in blue) to the code and put 'body' in the code instead of 'postData' (highlighted in orange).

The code is working in Postman, but Power BI gives an 500 Internal Server Error.

PimK_1-1695045644519.png

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have tried several adjustments (like working with Json.FromValue), but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please follow the documentation

Web.Contents - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

Json.FromValue and Text.ToBinary use different syntax.  

PimK
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response.

I've already looked into the documentation and understand the difference in syntax with using different functions. However, the documentation doesn't give me new insights in solving the problem. Frankly, I was surprised the above code results in an error.

content = Json.FromValue([reportParameters=[limit_from = 1, limit_amount = 10]])

PimK
Frequent Visitor

Tried that before as well, but still the 500 error shows up.

As you can imagine it is nearly impossible to help with API related issues without access to said API. Do they have a demo key?

PimK
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately there's no demo key.

I'll just keep trying to sort this out. Learning by doing 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors