Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Net Working Days for Non-Fixed Weekends

Here is what I need to do, and it is a bit complex.

I have a list of employees that I need to get their monthly working days, but it is not that straightforward, the problem is:

• They got different weekend patterns, so, some get Sat & Sun, others get Fri & Sat, there is a possibility for non-consecutive weekend.
  • Not only that, the weekend pattern changes every now and then, so, it is not fixed.
  • The mentioned change could happen by the mid of a month.

So, is obtaining the net working days during each month for each employee achievable? I need this to be there as an added custom column in the table, not an aggregated figure.

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there a flag column that tell us working day or weekend?

As @Vijay_A_Verma mentioned, we need more details to clarify your scenario.

You may kindly refer to:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Irrespective of non-consecutive weekend or off dates or holidays, it can be done.

Could you please lay down a table with some data so that we have common ground to work on? -

Name

Start Date

End Date

Weekend

Note - Whenever your weekend pattern changes for an employee, then a new row should come.

Hence, if it has changed 5 times in a month, then 5 rows should come and the intervals i.e. Start and End Date would be different for these 5 rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors