Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Filed contents disappearing ????

I have this data in my source row

Capture.JPG

I then add a filtere on the account no and the title and gender disappear?

Capture.JPG

Code is

let
    Source = Table.Combine({#"Client Dynamics", #"Client Staffplan"}),
    #"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Account Number] = "66023822"),

Weidly if I first filter out any rows with null last name then do the filter its fine???

let
    Source = Table.Combine({#"Client Dynamics", #"Client Staffplan"}),
    #"Filtered Rows3" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Last Name] <> null)),
    #"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows3", each [Account Number] = "66023822"),

Capture.JPG

Makes absolutely no sense??? Can anyone explain?

Much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Ok I found it but it makes no sense.

The data i'm using is coming form microsoft Dynamics.  There are 2 fields cha_gender which is a numerical field 12664000 which means male. There is another field cha_gender_display which shows the value of this number as male.  If I only hav ethe display field in thetable then sorting/filtering wipes out thew value.  If I have both fields it doesn't. Same for al lfields that are stored as numbers, but have text display values. 

Its as if sorting/filtering is forcing a relokup but becuase the numericla field is in the data it returns a null i.e. the text i'm seeing is not actually a real piece of data. As long as i remove the numericla fields right at the end it looks ok. Data is coming ofrm a CDS feed

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

You sure you don't have a duplicate in there? I would change my types before filtering, and then trim, and then check for duplicates before filtering. 

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have double checked and only one row with this account number in the source

Thisis the view at source level. You can see Mr Ainscow at the bottom

Capture.JPG

Now just filter for his account number

Capture.JPG

It seems sorting or filtering the source just wipes out these fields

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Ok I found it but it makes no sense.

The data i'm using is coming form microsoft Dynamics.  There are 2 fields cha_gender which is a numerical field 12664000 which means male. There is another field cha_gender_display which shows the value of this number as male.  If I only hav ethe display field in thetable then sorting/filtering wipes out thew value.  If I have both fields it doesn't. Same for al lfields that are stored as numbers, but have text display values. 

Its as if sorting/filtering is forcing a relokup but becuase the numericla field is in the data it returns a null i.e. the text i'm seeing is not actually a real piece of data. As long as i remove the numericla fields right at the end it looks ok. Data is coming ofrm a CDS feed

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors