Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Exporting queries in Excel to a Power Query template (.pqt)

Hi All,

I’d like to export a bunch of queries to a template that I can then bring into a Dataflow. This article indicates I should be able to do it, but I don’t have the Export option in my Power Query Editor: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/new-dataflow-from-template#exporting-queries-in-excel-t...

Any thoughts? Do you see this option in your editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Please note this information in the document:

The preview feature for creating Power Query templates from queries feature is only available to Office Insiders. For more information on the Office insider program, see Office Insider.

Currently this feature is a preview feature. If you are available to Office Insiders, you can test for it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Please note this information in the document:

The preview feature for creating Power Query templates from queries feature is only available to Office Insiders. For more information on the Office insider program, see Office Insider.

Currently this feature is a preview feature. If you are available to Office Insiders, you can test for it.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply. I saw that and didn’t figure we’d still be in Preview since the article was from 2020. As an enterprise user, getting access to Office Insider is nontrivial and appears to require an admin to run scripts in the environment. Not something I’ll have anytime soon.

Do you know if this feature is on a published roadmap somewhere?

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

As far as I know, currently this feature is still under a preview test and seems like does not have a clear generate public date, see the below roadmap about this feature:

Generate a new dataflow from Power Query queries in an existing Excel file 

3.png

If not available to Office Insiders, perhaps you may may need to wait for the public release of this feature for a while.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors