Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HL5578
Regular Visitor

Exported Power BI PPT via Power Automate - unable to display report

Hello, 

Hoping to get some troubleshooting help with a Power BI dashboard/visual that I'm able to export via Power Automate into an email, but the attached dashboard/visual cannot display the visuals. 

I have 5 Power BI report pages that I want to automate sending out a pptx of the pages via Power Automate to specific users. 

I have set up the Power Automate flow as follows: 

1) Export To File for Power BI Reports

a) Here, I set up the workspace location, report name, and format (in pptx), then I added the report pages from my PowerBI report that I want exported

ExportToFile.png

RptPageName.png

2) Send an email (V2)

a) I then set up the email message to be sent, identifying the attachment name, with the right file extension of pptx. 

b) the Attachments Content, I added the "Body"

SendAnEmail.png

3) The flow runs with no issues and I do get an email and a copy of the pptx file attached to the email. 

However, when I open the pptx file, it cannot display any of the report, it simply shows a "can't display the visual" error and the report/dashboard visuals are blank with an "x"

PPT-Errors.png

ISSUE: 

What is causing this error where the output pptx file cannot display the PowerBI visual? 

Is this a permissions issue? 

How do I correct/fix this? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Shreya_Singh

Hello,

We are also facing a similar issue. What I observed is if the Power BI report senstivity is marked as Confidential then report generated through Power Automate is not showing the data. Let me know if you were able to resolve?

RudyWilliams
Frequent Visitor

I found out there is a known issue if you use composite models (Direct Query) for exporting using Power Automate (Flow). From what I can determined based on testing the credentials/RLS is not passed through the relevanet datasets to allow access from an automated flow. - Direct link to a dataset is reccommended (joining multiple datasets As a Service is not supported currently)

RudyWilliams
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever find a fix/solution for this issue? I havethe same issue with visualsd not loading for exported versions. Works fine within service and subscription services.

Any advice welcome

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HL5578 

The setting of the Power Automate flow looks correct. Can you check if these visuals display well in Power BI Service? If they can display well, can you test if you can export the report to PowerPoint from PBI Service manually?

vjingzhang_0-1672208874704.png

If you see any errors, can you click "See details" and provide the error messages?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

The visuals do display in Power BI service with no issues. Sorry I cannot do a screenshot as it has confidential data. 

I also tested the export feature to PowerPoint and the file displays all visuals with no issues. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors