Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Dich123
Frequent Visitor

Explore Data in Power Query coming from Succesfactors

Hello,

I have an issue on how to explore the data that I am bringing from SF, I can establish the connection between Power BI and SF using the web connector. However at the moment where I want to transform the Data I have to expand it from the top left of the column but it will redirect me to other columns where i need to do the same (there a lotof column that i should do this) and at the final i will get the data but with too many columns that i don't need and also it will be reapeted.

It there any way to have directly the data with the same shape of the SF

Note: I don't have this issue when I am connected to SAP BW, I am able to extract the data with the same shape and format as the BW.

Here below are the steps:

Dich123_0-1713678186150.png

Dich123_1-1713678209847.png

In collection, I have all the tables then i choose which table I need and I go to transform data.

Dich123_2-1713678312167.png

then from here i will start expanding alot of columns (there too many layers to expand, I mean i have to expand then it will give me other columns where I need to expand again and again)

Dich123_3-1713678406100.png

in advance thank you very much

Kind regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Dich123
Frequent Visitor

Thnak you @mahenkj2 for your post, however it is not what I am facing.
Thanks

tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Dich123 

I guess your API source is giving the result in XML format and you need to have good understnading on its structure to retrieve the required columns. Since the xml result of each API can be different, there is no other option but to expand every column required.

SAP BW can give a flat table as a result and this is the reson why you dont need to expand anything and power query will exapnd it automatically.

Hope this answers your question.

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

Thank you @tharunkumarRTK for your answer, However is there any way to get the data as a flat file? 

mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Dich123 

Not spcifically answering you, but just pointing to link below:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/SalesForce-connectors/td-p/1731727

Incase it can help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors