Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analystmate
Helper II
Helper II

Earliest date and Latest date option disable to for me in Power Query Add column option

Hi All,

The Earliest Date and Latest Date options are disabled for me in the Power Query Add Column option.

I have selected date coulmn with proprer date data type .

Please help me figure out what possible reasons could be causing this issue.

Analystmate_0-1704790250406.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
zenisekd
Super User
Super User

Hi, it can be used only when you select multiple columns. It returns the earliest day from the columns selection per row. 

zenisekd_0-1704793190693.png

Kudos and mark as solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

collinsg
Super User
Super User

Hello Analystmate,

zenisekd has given the reason. Here is a way to add a column containing the earliest date in column "Date".

= Table.AddColumn(PreviousStep, "Earliest Date", each List.Min( PreviousStep[Date] ), type date)

Insert the step, substituting "PreviousStep" with the name of your previous step and substituting "[Date]" with the name of your date column in square brackets.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Hello Analystmate,

zenisekd has given the reason. Here is a way to add a column containing the earliest date in column "Date".

= Table.AddColumn(PreviousStep, "Earliest Date", each List.Min( PreviousStep[Date] ), type date)

Insert the step, substituting "PreviousStep" with the name of your previous step and substituting "[Date]" with the name of your date column in square brackets.

Hope this helps.

zenisekd
Super User
Super User

Hi, it can be used only when you select multiple columns. It returns the earliest day from the columns selection per row. 

zenisekd_0-1704793190693.png

Kudos and mark as solution appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors