Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mistori

Duplicate rows / cached data?

Rather a basic problem but hoping someone can help.

I have a bunch of data input files (18) stored in one folder, all in exactly the same structure. I'm then using Power Query in a "summary" file to simply look at that folder and import all of the data in them into the summary file one after another, effectively just combining the data across multiple files into one so I can then analyse the data in full.

This was all working well, but recently I have noticed some rows are being duplicated, or if updated / removed from an input file are still showing in the summary file as a separate row to the updated data. 

How can I tell if the data is being cached or similar as rows are showing in the summary file which no longer exist in the input files?

3 REPLIES 3
AbhinavJoshi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @mistori. When you make changes to the source data/input file are you refreshing your data as well in Power BI Dekstop, are there any errors refereshing data?

mistori

Starts with basic function to Get Data from Folder, selecting the sheet name that is consistent across the files, and then ignores the top X rows (not needed) of the input sheets until you get to the table header row. From that point it just pulls everything in. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You would have to show (a sanitized version of) your Power Query code. Did you use the boilerplate mechanism to combine files or did you create your own process? Do you have any query dependencies that may override the "Include in Refresh"  flag?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors