Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

Does duplicate or reference hitting my table twice once the report is being refreshed?

I don't know if this is more a database question or a Power Query question but I am taking chances here.
For visual context I place a simple diagram below.
I am connected to a SQL Server On-prem and getting multiple tables. New Requirement comes in to consolidate those tables which I did by using reference in Power Query now I want to know if I am hitting these tables twice at the backend everytime the report is being refresh. Or in any event I will connect to the table as a Power BI Semantic Model/Dataset 

Is there a way to see and check how it perform? Trying to see if there is a way to optimize. 

v_mark_0-1706509449938.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day v_mark,

Chris Webb has a great post here ("Why Does Power BI Query My Data Source More Than Once?"). He addresses this area and provides links to many related areas.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

@collinsg - This is gold! Thank you for sharing. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day v_mark,

Chris Webb has a great post here ("Why Does Power BI Query My Data Source More Than Once?"). He addresses this area and provides links to many related areas.

Hope this helps

@collinsg - This is gold! Thank you for sharing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors