Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Custom column added to Dataverse doesn't appear in Power BI

In a solution in a development environment, I added a column to a table. I then exported the solution as unmanaged and imported it into a pre-production environment. Using Dynamics 365, I was able to enter data into this new column in pre-production, so I know it's really there. Also, I can see the column at make.powerapps.com in the pre-production environment.

In Power BI, the custom column is visible through the Power Query Editor interface in my development environment, but not in pre-production. Do I have to do something special after importing a solution to make the new column accessible to Power BI? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Found the answer in a related topic: Although I had published my customizations in the solution in development, it seems that it's also necessary to publish the customizations again in the new environment after importing the unmanaged solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Found the answer in a related topic: Although I had published my customizations in the solution in development, it seems that it's also necessary to publish the customizations again in the new environment after importing the unmanaged solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors