Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Capstone
Resolver I
Resolver I

Creating customised table join

Hi,

I have the following scenario for a project I'm doing.

I'm importing n queries (n = 1 to 5) which contains all the facts data from different models.

I'm also importing m queries (m = 1 to 10) which contains scenario outputs and are linked to the facts data.

Say n =2 (n1,n2) and m = 5 (m1,m2,m3,m4,m5). Now m1, m2, m3 are linked to n1 and m4,m5 are linked to n2. I want to create a combined table in Power query which combines data from m1,m2,m3 with relevant data from n1 and m4,m5 with n2 using matching columns, Now I can do it all manually but I really want to build an automated system where if n and m changes I should still be able to join the queries using a couple of parameters and not have to recreate the joining process all the time.

I hope this make sense. Would appreciate any help .

Abhi

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Capstone

Please share sample data of your tables and post expected result here. Also I would recommend you review the following blog about how to use Power Query language to join tables.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2014/06/02/join-conditions-in-power-query-part-1/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors