Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marek12345
Frequent Visitor

Create new table in Power Query with data that meet certain conditions from other tables

Hi, 

I have decided to move my topic to the Power Query section to seek your further help.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Query/Filter-data-that-match-all-conditions-in-other...

I've put the power BI example here: https://dropmeafile.com/#559874d471

I have 2 tables which are not connected to each other:

- Table with Users and Conditions they meet 

- Criteria with different sets of values; they define, when certain criteria is met  - all of values need to be met to create a certain criterium

I need to make a calculation in power query which will search for all those sets of values through all users and create a table listing out the users with all criterias they meet. I will show this static table in power BI. 

I have so much data that I cannot due it with a measure - takes to long to refresh because it recalculates all the time. 

Thanks for support,

Marek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

DAX Table:wdx223_Daniel_0-1711073010145.png

M Query:

wdx223_Daniel_1-1711073370186.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marek12345 

You can create refer to the following queries.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45Wci7KLEktykxUMFTSUXKGkkZg0hRMminF6iApM8JQZgxVjKLMGEOZOZBEVWOCpMYYaheItFCKjQUA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Criteria = _t, #"Column 1" = _t, #"Column 2" = _t, #"Column 3" = _t, #"Column 4" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Criteria", type text}, {"Column 1", type text}, {"Column 2", type text}, {"Column 3", type text}, {"Column 4", type text}}),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Criteria"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", each [Value] <> null and [Value] <> ""),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Custom", each Text.Combine(Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows",(x)=>x[Criteria]=[Criteria])[Value],",")),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Attribute", "Value"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Columns"),
    #"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Duplicates", "Custom.1", each 1)
in
    #"Added Custom1"
let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCi1OLVIwVNJRcgaSsTooAkboAsboAiboAqboAmYIASN0W4zQbTFCN8MI3QxjdGtN0A01QTfUBN3pJuiGQgQslGJjAQ==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Users = _t, Conditions = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Users", type text}, {"Conditions", type text}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each 1),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Added Custom", {"Custom"}, Query2, {"Custom.1"}, "Query2", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Query2" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Query2", {"Criteria", "Custom"}, {"Criteria", "Custom.1"}),
    #"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded Query2", "Custom.2", each let a=Text.Split([Custom.1],","),
 b=List.Count(a),
 c=List.Distinct(Table.SelectRows(#"Expanded Query2",(x)=>x[Users]=[Users])[Conditions]),
 d=List.Count(List.Intersect({a,c}))
 in if b=d then "Yes" else "No"),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom1",{"Conditions", "Custom", "Custom.1"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Columns"),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Removed Duplicates", List.Distinct(#"Removed Duplicates"[Criteria]), "Criteria", "Custom.2")
in
    #"Pivoted Column"

Output

vxinruzhumsft_0-1711074384244.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

DAX Table:wdx223_Daniel_0-1711073010145.png

M Query:

wdx223_Daniel_1-1711073370186.png

Hi, this works like a charm! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors