Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

opta13stats

Connecting to Google Analytics 4

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Google analytics from my PowerBI desktop but after selecting the beta version i get the following error

opta13stats_0-1698996563841.png

Any solutions to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opta13stats 

The error message displays that the account is not found in the data source, please check that is the field is existed in your data source, then you can try to clear the data source permission from the Power BI Desktop, then connect the data source again, you can remove the permission from the settings in Power BI Desktop.' File->Options and Settings->Data source settings" then remove the permission.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1699234681749.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ReportGuru
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @opta13stats In case this happens to you again, as a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opta13stats 

The error message displays that the account is not found in the data source, please check that is the field is existed in your data source, then you can try to clear the data source permission from the Power BI Desktop, then connect the data source again, you can remove the permission from the settings in Power BI Desktop.' File->Options and Settings->Data source settings" then remove the permission.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1699234681749.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors