Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gjross78
Frequent Visitor

Common Data Service data refresh

I have a Power BI Embedded report sitting in a Power Apps Portal, which was created using Power BI Desktop and published to a dedicated Workspace online. The report connects only to Common Data Service.

I read here that Power BI should immediately reflect data changes occurring in the Common Data Service, but that is not what is happening.

Is it correct that I have to setup incremental data refresh on the dataset? When the Power Embedded service is paused, say on a weekend, the refresh fails, so every Monday, the incremental data refresh has to be manually re-enabled on the dataset? Why is this a seemingly backward step?

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gjross78,

It seems that you want to set refresh time for report, right? You could try to set schedule refresh in powerbi  serveice to see whether it work or not(you need to pass correct credential). If you want to refresh data immediately, you could try to refersh the report page to see whether it work or not

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gjross78
Frequent Visitor

As I mentioned, the article suggests CDS data should reflect immediately in PowerBi, but it doesn't. It needs either a manually or schedule refresh, why?

I want to avoid using a scheduled refresh because the schedule does not become re-enabled once the embedded capacity has been restarted. I have to manually turn on the schedule each time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors