Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SylvainB
Regular Visitor

Coma are not showing for decimal number columns in power Query

Hi,

My collegue is not able to see the coma in all its decimal number colums in the powerQuery editor. For exemple, on my side I see 539,9583 which is ok but my collegue sees 5399583. We have the same excel and powerBI version, same ODBC Oracle 19 version. Our regional settings are both "French(Canada)".

We don't have any colums format transformation. We simply connect to an ODBC 32 bit datasource on the same BD/table. All the decimal number columns shows a coma on my side and none of my collegue's decimal number columns shows the coma, in both preview and loaded data.

Can anyone ever had this problem ?

Excel: Microsoft® Excel® pour Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2309 Build 16.0.16827.20278) 32 bits

Microsoft PowerBI Desktop:  Version: 2.118.621.0 64-bit (juin, 2023)

Thank you !

4 REPLIES 4
SylvainB
Regular Visitor

In fact, there is no transform or at least we are not suppose to have any. We just load a table in PowerQuery and decimal don't show on my collegue's desktop but it shows fine on mine. Could he have a transform executing automatically without knowing ?

Can you give me an example how we can enforce cultures ? 

Thank you very much !

let
    Source = #table({"Column1"},{{"1,234"}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", Int64.Type}},"nl")
in
    #"Changed Type"

Thank you for your answer.

I dig a bit more on the issue and noticed that the issue is happening on NUMBER(14,4) data type field. When the data type is NUMBER, the coma is showing properly.

When I connect directly to Oracle database it works fine, all coma are showing. I guess it is related to an ODBC configuration which is not ok or is in conflict with an older Oracle existing configuration since it works fine for many users.

Feel free all to give me comments if ever you experienced an error like this with ODBC configuration (NUMBER vs NUMBER(14,4)).

Thank you !

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you specifying the locale during the Power Query transforms?  You can enforce cultures by adding "fr-CA"  to the end (for example)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors