Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ZME4
Regular Visitor

Bar chart in Power BI

Hello together,

I have a question. I would like to draw a bar chart in Power BI which counts the values of the same type for two classes.

The table looks like this:

Class 1Class 2

I would like to receive the following bar chart:

How can I implement this in Power BI? Thanks a lot for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ZME4 

You need to transform your table in Power Query:

Fowmy_0-1604588906839.png

Go to Power Query > Get Data > Blank Query > go to Advanced Editor in View Menu, Clear all that is there and paste the below code.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlDSUTJUitWJBpKYLFRZA6XYWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Class 1" = _t, #"Class 2" = _t]),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(Source, "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Index",{{"Class 1", Int64.Type}, {"Class 2", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Index"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", "Value", "Value - Copy"),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Duplicated Column",{"Index"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Value", "Legend"}, {"Attribute", "Class"}, {"Value - Copy", "Value"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ZME4 

You need to transform your table in Power Query:

Fowmy_0-1604588906839.png

Go to Power Query > Get Data > Blank Query > go to Advanced Editor in View Menu, Clear all that is there and paste the below code.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlDSUTJUitWJBpKYLFRZA6XYWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Class 1" = _t, #"Class 2" = _t]),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(Source, "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Index",{{"Class 1", Int64.Type}, {"Class 2", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Index"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", "Value", "Value - Copy"),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Duplicated Column",{"Index"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Value", "Legend"}, {"Attribute", "Class"}, {"Value - Copy", "Value"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

ZME4
Regular Visitor

Your reply was great, it helped me a lot. Thank you!

ZME4
Regular Visitor

I had problems to upload the diagramm, so I try it again...BarChartTwoClasses.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors