Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure AD All Users

Hi I have opened the Active Directory conenctor and get presented with approx 100 tables/lists that can be accessed.

I am simply looking to get  User Display Name, Email, Department (I know we have a department heirarchy as follows)

Attribute               Azure AD Attribute Name
Department    =  extension_fe262454b0eb4f54a428b17316bd0632_extensionAttribute1

Department 2  =  extension_fe262454b0eb4f54a428b17316bd0632_division

Department 3  =  Department

Is Active Directory the correct connection?

If Yes which list AD list should contain the above?

Alternatively is there a better way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Try navigating to "User", and then "Organizational Person". You might have to click and peek inside of the records to make sure you choose the right fields.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many Thx... got it by using USER and then transform you can expand and find the attributresneeded

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Try navigating to "User", and then "Organizational Person". You might have to click and peek inside of the records to make sure you choose the right fields.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Is the connector only for on premise AD?

Is there anyway to query Azure AD?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors