Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sparkl
Frequent Visitor

Availability of Table.StopFolding

Hey all, learend that there is this new Power Query function "Table.StopFolding", but I can't see that happen in power query editor in my Excel version (365 Enterprise, Excel version 2108, build 14326.20738).

Any idea what product/version could use this stopfolding function? only power BI, or Excel power query may also have this function but need more update version?

Kindly share if you are aware of any hints. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @sparkl , 

I believe this was added to Excel around May 2022. I can access it from Excel Power Query on this version:

Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2301 Build 16.0.16026.20002) 64-bit

You'll need to ask your Enterprise Admin to update the Office apps to get the latest version if you don't currently have it.

If you can't get an update, then you can use Table.Buffer in the same way, but just be mindful that this will load your entire table into memory, so may not get you the overall performance gains you're after.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

So many thanks. That's very helpful. Let me wait our enterprise update in that case.

And yes, it's table.buffer lead me to awareness of this stopfolding, table.buffer is useful in some ways.

Good day, Pete

🙏

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors